Whats More Activity 3.4 Using the selection, Supply the missing word to complete the sentence. Write your answer on the attached activity sheet. 8
1. Biting is the first step in breaking down of food when you chew the food with your teeth it breaks it into______
2. Enzyme in the saliva called_____ begins the process of chemical digestion.
3. After chewing, the food moves down with the help of_____ trachea that allows the food to enter into the esophagus _that covers the
4. Esophagus squeezes and pushes the food toward the stomach by peristalsis. When the food reaches the end of the esophagus it passes through the muscle that allows it to close and open the esophagus to the stomach_____
5. ______squeezes and mix the food with gastric juices that contain mucus, enzyme, hydrochloric acid and water.
6. Peristalsis breaks it thoroughly and breaks down the food into thick liquid called______
7. The food that passes to the small intestine contain undigested nutrients such as ____
8. Food stays in the small intestine about_____
9. Chyme with undigested food move from small intestine to the _____
10. Then it will be moved toward the rectum with the help of the peristalsis movement causing the walls of the rectum to stretch and feces will be eliminated from the body to the_____